As a live-in language assistant in Spain you gain inimitable insight into the life of a local family in exchange for helping them for a few hours with their children. Besides the wealth of cultural benefits and unforgettable experiences, learning another language has never been easier!
This is a live-in position. In most cases, you will work 5-6 hours per day. There are 2 free days per week (usually the weekend). You may be asked to babysit 1 or 2 evenings per week. Household chores are not required.
One of the benefits of using our services is that we personally review language assistants’ and families’ profiles and match them based on their interests and priorities, to find a well-suited and successful pairing.
You will receive pocket money of around €80-100 per week for your help. Meals are included whenever you are at home.
- All candidates must be of legal age.
- English speaking native. Basic Spanish minimum.
- In case you are not an EU citizen, you will need at least a tourist visa, and health insurance.
- Some experience in working with children, but more important is that you have maturity, good education, politeness and that you love spending time with children.
- You must be available for at least two months.
- No smoking in the home.
- Be in good health. You may be required a medical report.
- Clean police report.
- Send us your CV to email@example.com, or using the APPLY FOR THIS POSITION form on this page.
- If your profile is suitable for the position, we will reply asking you to have a Skype interview.
- After the interview, we will ask you to send us the following documents:
- A composition of photos with captions, like “During my holidays in Belfast with my family”, “Working at the school”, etc., especially if they are related to children.
- 1 or 2 recommendation letters, ideally related to work with children, in English or Spanish. It could be also from your study centre or other.
- A motivational letter for the family. You can start it with “Dear family…”
- A copy of your passport.
- Police check report (DBS in the UK)
- Good health certificate. We do not need a full medical history, the medical form needs to say only that you have a good physical and mental health to work with children.
- Optionally, a video presentation of yourself.
- We can start looking for a family for you once you send us at least the first elements of the list.
- Once we find a family suitable for you, we will set an appointment to have a Skype interview between the selected family and you.
- If both parts are happy with each other, we will send you an agreement to sign by you and the family. At this point, we will ask you to pay an agency fee of £99.
- You can now book your flight and do your travel arrangements, get ready to travel to Spain!
Name: Shani Morris (Liverpool, United Kingdom), June – July 2016
I contacted Hola People in May 2016 as I was looking for something new and exciting to do for the summer. They contacted me back that same week, I went in for an interview and within 2 weeks they had found a family in Valencia that matched my needs and I matched theirs. I had an amazing time while I was there; the family I was staying with was extremely hospitable and caring. I learnt about Spanish culture and language just by being around them constantly. I got to visit lots of lovely places with the family and independently, and gained more knowledge in childcare and teaching.
Hola People were a really great agency to work with, there was no messing about, the whole process was professional, quick and easy and I would recommend contacting them if you’re looking for a new and fun experience. You won’t regret it 🙂
Name: Denise (London, United Kingdom), July – August 2016
The time I had in Spain was the most enriching and rewarding experience I have had. This was down to how well matched the family and I were put together. I had two children ages 4 and 6. During the Skype interview with Esteban, I described the type of family I had in mind and the next day, he had found the suitable family. I had a few video calls with the family and soon after my ticket to Spain was booked! What made this experience special was the number of people I managed to meet outside the family, yet at the same time I was able to improve my Spanish. At the end you really do feel you’ve made a difference when you see how far the kids have progressed. The mum had said that the daughter had leant more English in my time there than her 3 years of English lessons at school!
Name: Oliwia Pietrzak (Poland), August – September 2017
Hola people organization met all my expectations! Great and nice staff who helps and organize everything. Experience with hola people was great. It gave me huge opportunity to learn new language and have journey of my life. I recommend everyone to try it, because it’s absolutely worth it.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION