What do Effective Communication and Neuro-Linguistic Programming have in common?
Have you ever wanted to learn how to communicate better?
You have heard about NLP but still, don’t know what it is?
We’ve got some answers for you!
What is effective communication?
Effective communication is the kind of communication between two or more persons where the message is properly encoded and it has been sent through an appropriate channel, that will allow others to correctly understand the message.
Simply enough we say the communication has been effective when all the parties communicating understand and interpret the message in the same way.
So it all turns around the effectiveness of delivering, receiving and, understanding.
What are the benefits of effective communication?
Here are a few of the many benefits of this communication:
- Team building: communicate in an effective way helps a lot to create a strong working team, where everyone can feel understood and accepted;
- Making things clear: simplicity and clarity are fundamental when expressing ideas to other people;
- Dealing with problems: most problems between people and co-workers find their causes in poor or bad communication. Being able to communicate effectively not only helps to deal with a problem, but to avoid them in the first place;
- Great communication with the family: having a nice communication with family members shouldn’t be taken for granted. Here’s why developing an effective communication could help you ameliorate your relationship;
- Connection with a partner: whoever he/she is if a colleague or a lover, having a stable and honest communication is very important.
What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming?
Created by Richard Bandle and John Grinder back in the 1970s, the simplest definition for NLP is “a study of how the brain works and the effect that communication (in all it’s forms) has on the individual or group“.
Where can you use NLP?
NLP can be used both in business and education.
In business: it can happen that sometimes you have stopped wondering why some people can put their message across in a way that just “sounds right” or may give you a “good feeling”, or perhaps you get a clearer picture to act on.
When we speak to people, the words we use count for only about 7% of the message. What is more important (and often overlooked) is the tonality and physiology used by the person talking. Get that right, and you can convey a much more powerful message.
In education: through NLP you will be able to improve your communication skills and by consequence, you will see improvements in your student’s learning. You will learn how to deliver the material in a way that your students can access more easily.
By altering language patterns, improving listening skills and teaching you how to observe your students for signs of understanding, distraction, and learning styles, you will find your students, whatever age, will be more receptive.
If all the information given to you put in your mind even a little interest, visit the site of the Internationally Accredited NLP Training & Life Coach Training.
And know other online personal development courses that we offer through Quantum Life University Project.
Subscribe to our newsletter
If you want to be informed of tips and offers, let us know your email!