This modern facility contains 74 beds in their care and is designed to meet the needs of the older person in a pleasant and comfortable surrounding. They provide help and support to older persons and their families who have different needs and abilities. The standards are to deliver the best quality care to residents in both a holistic and individual environment.
- To maintain a high standard of nursing care.
- To (further) develop clinical expertise, leadership and teaching skills through nursing practice.
- To share responsibility with the nursing team for the management of nursing care and the patients environment under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1.
- To maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
To provide and maintain effective, individualised nursing care by;
- Preparing and up-dating the nursing care plans within a nursing framework.
- Assisting the medical staff in their treatment of patients through the coordination of care treatments provided by other disciplines and integrating these into the care plan.
- Acting as a primary/associate nurse in giving skilled nursing care and treatment for caseload of patients.
- Involving the patients relatives in teaching and supervising them in nursing techniques in preparation for discharge.
Main job responsibilities staff nurse
- Utilise assessment skills and techniques to determine patients’ needs on admission
- Complete and document the nursing admission assessment in a thorough and accurate manner into the electronic assessments and care plans.
- Re-assess the patient’s condition on an on-going basis
- Assess the need for patient/family instruction
- Document plans of care based on patient needs in the electronic care plan system.
- Update the computer plans of care based on patient needs
- Collaborate with other health team members in planning care
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care
- Know and practice according to established legal requirements policy and procedures
- Establish care priorities based on nursing/medical patients problems
- Perform procedures accurately, completely and safety
- Maintain a safe environment for patients
- Respect the dignity and confidence of patients
- Function quickly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Adapt to changing workload
- Deal with ward incidents in accordance with unit policy. Accurately record and report details
- Document according to policy and procedures
- Report verbally and document in computer pertinent patient care information to appropriate nursing/medical personnel
- Communicate appropriately with patients/relatives and colleagues and other members of the health care team
- Approach interpersonal relationship in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety
- Recognise self – limitations and request assistance.
- Support the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Nursing Home
- Follow appropriate lines of authority by discussing issues firstly with the clinical Nurse Manager and the CNM 2
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the Homes needed
- Use time effectively
- Show ability to delegate work to the other members of the team
- Use discretion for decision making regarding patient care
- Display initiative
- Report on-going problems to the Clinical Nurse Manager 2
- Demonstrate ability to teach and guide more junior staff
- Show interest in Post Graduate Education/Self Development
- Attend required standard number of Study Days in the year
- The job description indicated the main function and responsibilities of the post and is subject to review and amendment. Other specific work not covered in this job description may also be assigned by Management from time to time.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION