Property Guides have recently conducted research around the increasing desire for Brits to buy property in sunny Spain.
The company surveyed 2,800 participants to find out why Spain is such a desirable destination and if the latest UK issues (such as Brexit and Covid-19) have affected their reasons for buying property abroad.
The survey revealed:
- 60% of participants want to buy a property in Spain by the end of next summer
- When asked what represents their dream life in Spain, 73% of people said they want a healthier lifestyle, 64% want a happy retirement and 49% want a new adventure.
- 61% of participants said they desire a detached villa and would be willing to spend over £125,000.
- While 61% of respondents claimed to know they can keep their EU rights to residence and healthcare if buying a property in Spain before the end of the Brexit transition period, 66% are not concerned about Brexit when considering buying a property in Spain.
- More than 90% already have the savings or assets they need.