Hola People wants to provide young people with the opportunity to gain charitable experience through volunteering. The programme, which can be undertaken at any time of the year, helps public and non-profit agencies looking for volunteers for their different areas and departments, offering young people the chance to build a CV and learn the language through total cultural immersion. Volunteers are always caring, charitable people willing to carry out tasks in exchange for a personal and enriching compensation.
- Volunteer programme in a British organization
- Accomodation in host family or residence
- Choose from several organizations
- Preparation for departure
The programme can be undertaken in Chester (near Wales) in the city of Liverpool, Southport and Formby, all within the Merseyside region (North West of England).
In Liverpool, the largest city within the region, birthplace of the Beatles and brimming with pop culture, Liverpudlians (as its inhabitants are affectionately known as) will make you feel like one of them and you will easily fit in.
Formby and Southport are 30 and 40 minutes away from the capital, respectively, and they will make you fall in love with them with its abundant forests and beautiful coasts.
Chester, on the other hand, is a charming small town with very particularly detailed buildings and many important monuments. You will feel like you are back to Roman times with its themed markets, parks and summer theatres.
• The minimum stay is 4 weeks.
• We will help you with the preparation and travel arrangements for your convenience.
• We take care of the accommodation, you just have to decide if you want only breakfast or half board (breakfast and evening meals included).
• Volunteering is as related to your profile as possible.
• You can choose where to do your volunteering (subjected to the availability of host families)
• Minimum English level A2 (pre – intermediate)
• Age: minimum 18 years old
• European nationality and residence in Spain
• Good health
• Register at least 4 weeks in advance (8 weeks summer).
• Have the EHIC.
• Flights and transfers not included.
• Help with organising the trip.
• Accommodation in host family (breakfast or half board is optional) or residence.
• Working as a volunteer in a non-profit organization. Volunteering is unpaid.
• Invitation to participate in our activities for free: language exchange, football matches and salsa classes .
• Monitoring throughout the stay.
Types of volunteer
• Support in stores for sale and advertising.
• Carers for the elderly or people with disabilities or personal problems.
Download the leaflet here: Volunteering program in Liverpool (in Spanish)
Name: Ellie, Deputy Manager at Oxfam Bold Street (Liverpool, United Kingdom)
I met with Esteban Tejedor of ‘Hola People’ in Oxfam Bold Street and talked about inviting a teacher from Spain to complete one month’s work experience in our shop. A month later I was introduced to Arturo, who worked 10 – 6 Monday to Friday at Bold Street for one month. Arturo worked very hard and found working in the shop helped to improve his English skills, which would assist him in teaching his music classes in English next year. I would be very happy to work with ‘Hola People’ again and work with other people looking to develop their skills.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION